I am a Seattle native who grew up riding the lifts a Snoqualmie Pass. After 5 years in the Army, I got out and moved back to Washington State where I found solace in the mountains that surrounded me when I was young. In late 2012 I started climbing consistently and started exploring the Cascades. In 2015, I became certified by the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) as a Certified Single Pitch Instructor and got interested in Outdoor Education and Mountain Guiding. Mountains are my passion, and I truly enjoy teaching the skills necessary for others to enjoy the great outdoors safely, respectfully and with confidence.
Below is a bit about my journey.
American Alpine Institute
Full-Time Instructor and Guide – Bellingham, WA
- Completed AMGA Rock Guide Course – March 2017
- Completed AAI Technical Rope Rescue Levels I & II – April 2017
Full-Time Instructor and Guide – Seattle, WA
- Rock Instruction on topics from Rock 101 to Traditional Leading
- Instructor: 9-Day Alpine Climbing Course, Intro to Mountaineering, Crevasse Rescue, Snow Skills.
- Successfully guided a 72 & 75 year old to the Summit of Mt. Baker
- AMGA Certified Single Pitch Instructor Since 2015
2012 – 2015
Recreational Equipment Inc.
Distribution Center – Sumner, WA – Order Fulfillment
Retail – Tukwila, WA – Sales Associate
2007 – 2012
U.S. Army – Military Police – 101st Airborne Division
Stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky
- Operation Iraqi Freedom 2008-2009
- Law and Order Operations
- Fort Campbell Special Reaction Team